Apply my Domain name on S-Drive to...

User 2852034 Photo

7 posts

While gmail is a nice option, we have a reason to use outlook.com Premium and we want to use it with our Domain.
On outlook.com premium setup: I have entered my domain on my S-Drive e.g. MyDomain.com
I need help on the Coffee Cup side on how to accomplish this.

Outlook Instructions are:
Add an MX record to your DNS settings
In order to prove that you’re the legal owner of your domain, we need you to add an MX record to your domain’s DNS settings.
Step 1. Sign into your domain registrar
Sign in at the registrars website with the username (usually your domain name) and password you used to sign up for that service.
Step 2. Navigate to the DNS settings for MyDomain.com
Step 3. Create a new MX record
' end Outlook

In CoffeeCup - I am in the Manage Your Domains
Then, Manage DNS Settings
In the DNS Settings I see the www.MyDomain.com The TYPE is CNAME for Address MyDomain.com
The Type has a pull down list box that includes CNAME and MX

At this point, I don't want to break anything!
How do I create a new MX record?
E.G. Do I add a new line of MyDomain.com and set the type to MX?

FYI note on another cc post:
I had to choose "STARTTLS" for the "Connection Security" drop down. I had been choosing SSL/TLS which seems to have been the problem.
User 2852034 Photo

7 posts

This is what I did. Not tested yet.
The 50 i googled, is suppose to deliver the the server.
No idea what I am doing now.

Now the Outlook setup Step 3 has a Creae a New Txt record - Since CC has an interface, I don't know if this was setup as part of the interface.
Result after Verify
:| Sorry - we could not verify the TXT record that was added. The TXT record for your domain needs to be set to MS=ms1374776575. If you recently updated the TXT record then give it a couple of minutes and try again.
User 2852034 Photo

7 posts

For Google email with your own domain - this is the instruction.
Will this work for the S-Drive?

Now you need to “verify” your domain name. The easiest way in my opinion, is to “insert an HTML tag into your site’s home page” — easier than it sounds, promise. ???? To do this, you need to copy a provided code into your website’s <head> section. Many WordPress themes, such as Headway and Genesis, have a space for this (in Headway, it’s under Headway>>Options >>Scripts/Analytics>>Header Scripts). If you can’t find it, then there’s a plugin you can install here that will provide an easy-to-edit <head> section. Then, just copy the code that Google provides in that section.
User 2273654 Photo

754 posts

I remember when following google instructions to get gmail email on web site had put a period at the end of gmail address in dns server setting and was not working put in trouble call and it was because of the period at the end of the address took out and then it worked. they had the code at the end of a sentence so sometimes can not take directions too literally. attached an instruction image attachment hope it helps. Was an @domain name email address.
Attachments:
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 2852034 Photo

7 posts

Was on the right track, thanks.
I had already added the copy/past of the text in the same place you indicated.

This upload file is what MS Outlook Professional sent.
it didn't work. Tried just the line of MS=msxxcodexxx
That doesn't work either

error message
Sorry - we could not verify the TXT record that was added. The TXT record for your domain needs to be set to MS=ms13xxxxx. If you recently updated the TXT record then give it a couple of minutes and try again.
Attachments:
User 2852034 Photo

7 posts

here are the attachments
Attachments:
User 2273654 Photo

754 posts

Here is a scrn shot of the dns settings on my S-drive. I'm using @domainname email gmail.per attachment
Attachments:
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.