Any way to paste formatted text and...

User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

Hello!

I created (from scratch) a simple template for a newsletter that I usually send to about 4,000 people through Google Groups.

I usually send formatted text and I require that the format (RTF) remains intact.

I would like to know if there is any way to paste formatted text directly in RED without lose the format.

If it is possible, I would send the mail directly to the Google Group from the RED TEST section, including the formated text. Any trick or shortcut?

Why? Because if I send the test mail to me and then (after received in Apple Mail) I past the RTF text over the test mail, the forwarded mail will be delivered with "mistakes" in some mail servers, especially in Outlook Express 6.

I will appreciate tthe help yopu can give me...

Thanks a lot!

Please excuse my poor english (spanish is my native language)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I would like to know if there is any way to paste formatted text directly in RED without lose the format.

No, that you can not do. Nor would you really want to. ;)

If it is possible, I would send the mail directly to the Google Group from the RED TEST section, including the formated text. Any trick or shortcut?

Refer to Chapter 7 of the QSG for instructions for sending and testing: http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … our-email/

Why? Because if I send the test mail to me and then (after received in Apple Mail) I past the RTF text over the test mail, the forwarded mail will be delivered with "mistakes" in some mail servers, especially in Outlook Express 6.

Wow, you are really making things hard on yourself there. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

Please see how looks on Outlook Express
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Emetris wrote:
Please see how looks on Outlook Express

Don't use Outlook Express! That program has not had an update since 2001! ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

Thanks!

Suggestion:

Maybe in a next future, RED can accept HTML code pasted from any app (iA Writer, for example) that convert a RFT text to HTML...
User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

I don't use OutLook Express. I just had curiosity about O.E deliver the mail, because there are users that run Windows XP (me not!!!)...
User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

Any way, my concern is not O.E, but how to keep or transform a formatted text in HTML text.

Maybe in the future RED can do it, adding a new container that allow a HTML code from an app like iA Writer...

Thanks anyway and excuse me for my lack of knowledge.

Best regards, Scott
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

This is what I really need as well and I have suggested earlier in RED suggestion section.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.