Unreliable saves - Post ID 265604
Perhaps I need to constantly save as a new version of the file so I have a version history to go back through?
I have also noticed that the inspector screen only appears to list one slide in the slides container, I expected to see one for each of my slides as I used to be able to resequence slides by dragging and dropping in this tree list.
And finally, would I be right in thinking that changing a default option and then changing it back again will change the code generated to explicitly set this parameter. This appears to be common to a lot of coffee cup software and I wonder if it couldn't perhaps have some way detecting values that have been reset to their defaults to prevent redundant code from being generated.
1. When you are saving, are you then exiting the software and re-opening the saved project? If you are exiting, where is this project file stored (USB, Network Drive, primary drive, iCloud etc). Be specific.
2. What is your operating system (OS X, Windows 7, Windows 10).
3. Have you tried using File Menu > Save As to see if changes to get correctly saved that way?
4. What specifically were you doing when you noticed things were not getting saved? Was it after copy/paste, adding a new slide, deleting a slide etc.. This is very important to know.
Anything else that you can share to help us determine what the problem might be is very helpful. Be as detailed as you can.
2. Windows 10
3. SInce posting I have been using save as continually and incrementing the number on the end of the name so I have multiple saves that I can go back to. I have noticed sometimes the Save button is greyed out and I have to use Save As - I'll screen shot this if I get it again.
4. I added additional slides (went from 3 to 5) made some changes to them (and one of those that were existing) and changed the order then saved.
I have also noticed that on occaisions I have made changes and decided I didn't want them so I exit the software and reload the previous version - the bit that concerned me was that when exiting it didn't prompt me whether I wanted to save my changes.
My profession over the last 20 years has been as a software developer so I do appreciate this isn't something that is easy to diagnose without further information but then it's also not something that I can easily reproduce either but it is terribly frustrating when you come to rely on something then lose your work (though it can be productive up to the point when frustration takes over as you reinforce learning by doing it again and often find quicker ways of doing the same thing too).
If you could also attach a project that you find has/had the issue and what you were last trying to do with it, we can look that over.
Also when this is likely to happen, on the design pane there suddenly are 2 "slide select" fields.
For now, I use the "free edition".
Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.