Reduce css and avoid double...

User 2750317 Photo

1 post

Hi,
I am working with Responsive Content Slider and I am very glad with the app – thank you!
I work with Google Page Speed Insights and I need to make my website load faster to be ranked higher with Google.
But I ran into three problems concerning css:
1) I have two sliders on different pages. They both use a stylesheet called "slideshow.css" but load it from their respective folders. Are these stylsheets identical? Or modified for every slider? By knowing this I could load it only the first time and use it from the browser cache for the second slider – greatly reducing bandwidth and loading time.
2) There are almost ten thousand lines of css in these stylesheet. Are they all needed? Or are they there just for every possible case? How can I reduce these stylesheets so I only have in them the css I actually need for my slider?

While I understand these two problems there is a third one posed by Google that is more confusing to me:
3) Page Speed Insights by Google tells me the stylesheet is "blocking rendering the page above the fold". They recommend loading it inline or AFTER the html and then injecting it with javascript …
I‘d be glad if someone could give me some hints to this!

Thanks for helping with this great tool!

Reinhard

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.