discussion on various settings - Post...

User 125081 Photo

14 posts

re delay: I noticed the same thing.

re slide indicator: can it be hidden? I've just installed and not yet looked at the app in detail.

re controls: there seems to be no indicator (color change, hover highlight or whatever) when you click on a control.

Eric Rohloff wrote:
Great job.
I wonder if the slide indicator can be made to switch at the same time as the image.
There's also a delay for the slider to go to the image when you click on an indicator.
User 486215 Photo

79 posts

On second thought (as I also seem to have) here is a better version of the Samples slideshow.

I upped the time for the slideshow because it was hard to read all the text as it slid by. That was still not good enough, so I reduced the size of the text and added a "More..." button link. The full text will display in a separate window.

BTW, I have always used Step transition because Slide seems to display the picture at full size while sliding before shrinking it to the proper requested size. I don't know if this is a bug or not.

http://toms-site.coffeecup.com/Sample2/
User 486215 Photo

79 posts

Webmaster wrote:
On second thought (as I also seem to have) here is a better version of the Samples slideshow.

I upped the time for the slideshow because it was hard to read all the text as it slid by. That was still not good enough, so I reduced the size of the text and added a "More..." button link. The full text will display in a separate window.

BTW, I have always used Step transition because Slide seems to display the picture at full size while sliding before shrinking it to the proper requested size. I don't know if this is a bug or not.

I entered the post above while Eric was replying to my previous post.

The time I used for the shortened text was changed in this new version from the default 4500 (4.5 seconds?) to 10000 (10 seconds?). I didn't seem to get a 10 second display for each slide on my computer. Did anyone else have this problem? Another bug?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Webmaster wrote:
Webmaster wrote:

I entered the post above while Eric was replying to my previous post.

The time I used for the shortened text was changed in this new version from the default 4500 (4.5 seconds?) to 10000 (10 seconds?). I didn't seem to get a 10 second display for each slide on my computer. Did anyone else have this problem? Another bug?

We are looking into the transition speed issue right now.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

another slider
http://feizsite.com/CoffeeCup/slider/Slide2/index.html

I started at desktop first then mobile
I wanted to have 3 or 4 slider at smaller breakpoint and two slider at desktop size but at smaller break point wont allow me to duplicate the slider.

Just wonder if that is possible.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Mansour ... wrote:
another slider
http://feizsite.com/CoffeeCup/slider/Slide2/index.html

I started at desktop first then mobile
I wanted to have 3 or 4 slider at smaller breakpoint and two slider at desktop size but at smaller break point wont allow me to duplicate the slider.

Just wonder if that is possible.

You mean 'splitting' a slide for mobile? (Or the other way around in a mobile 1st workflow, combining 1-3 small slides at a breakpoint when more width becomes available?
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

As you see in above slides when it comes to mobile version I have stacked the blurbs, can I have for each of them single slide ( 6 slides) and in desktop three blurbs in one single slide as it is now. and other 3 in another slides.

Total of 6 slides for mobile.
&
Total of 2 slides for desktop.

Yeah kinda splitting, In mobile I don't want to have stacking order I want to have let say six individual slides and in desktop two slides.

I did try that and when I delete slide on desktop it delete mobiles two.

I will try mobile first and see what is the results, I have not tried that yet and I am not sure if it's possible.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.