RESPONSIVE PROGRAM now LIVE - Page 2...

User 166871 Photo

185 posts

Scott stated.. The responsive program is not required to gain access to the software. You can still purchase the software individually like always. The responsive program gives you all that I outlined below. If none of that interests you, just purchase the software individually on our website as needed.

I will wait and see how all of this develops......if needed I may pick up a program as needed or finances allow.
Vista Tom

User 166871 Photo

185 posts

I just looked at the Adobe Dreamweaver site and for $19 a month I can get DW and cloud storage and !!!! with a one month free Trial, which includes responsive design elements.
In addition their entire creative cloud which includes DW, Photoshop, illustrator and others cost $49 per month, looks like CC Live is traveling in pretty expensive company.
Just thinking!
Vista Tom

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

cayucostom wrote:
I just looked at the Adobe Dreamweaver site and for $19 a month I can get DW and cloud storage and !!!! with a one month free Trial, which includes responsive design elements.
In addition their entire creative cloud which includes DW, Photoshop, illustrator and others cost $49 per month, looks like CC Live is traveling in pretty expensive company.
Just thinking!

You forgot to mention one thing. With Adobe, when you cancel you can no longer use the software. You are fully locked out!

With the Responsive Program, when you cancel you still have access to the software. That is a HUGE point to take into consideration there when trying to compare us to other companies. When making comparisons, it is always good to do "apples to apples" and not "oranges to apples". ;)

We also offer fully functionally trials (as always), so we have the same thing in that regards as well.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

One more question Scott. I understand that you state that if we obtain software in the Responsive program, is this downloaded, and not online, software? If it's downloaded, will it appear in our purchases, or will it just appear under a different heading, and will we be able to download the minor updates after someone lets a Responsive subscription run out?

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 166871 Photo

185 posts

For me a wait and see approach makes a great deal of sense. I will watch how all of this shakes out before deciding to purchase anything....or committing to a subscription plan.

Vista Tom

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Sandcrab3 wrote:
One more question Scott. I understand that you state that if we obtain software in the Responsive program, is this downloaded, and not online, software? If it's downloaded, will it appear in our purchases, or will it just appear under a different heading, and will we be able to download the minor updates after someone lets a Responsive subscription run out?

All responsive program purchases will be online for you to download at any time. Once you leave the program, these will be removed within 30 days just like any other single purchase.

If we do release a minor upgrade for free, those would appear in the download center for another 30 days even if you cancelled the responsive program. How cool is that! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

Under the current account/purchases, I thought ALL of my purchases remained there permanently (only showing the latest versions). Is this disappearing after 30 days a NEW policy?

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Sandcrab3 wrote:
Under the current account/purchases, I thought ALL of my purchases remained there permanently (only showing the latest versions). Is this disappearing after 30 days a NEW policy?

While this is not implemented yet and everyone will be given fair warning, but after 30 days, past purchases will no longer appear in the download center. We use terabytes of bandwidth per month with customers download (and re-downloading) the files over and over again. It is time for people to back their stuff up! :)

We will not simply flip the switch here, so again you will be notified when this policy goes into place.
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Is ANYTHING going to be done with SCCP?? Or is it getting left out in the cold? I mean menus are nice, but a menu does not make a website. Responsive is nice, but...

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Chef-Scott wrote:
Is ANYTHING going to be done with SCCP?? Or is it getting left out in the cold? I mean menus are nice, but a menu does not make a website. Responsive is nice, but...

I am pretty sure that Shopping Cart will get the responsive treatment as well once Layout Maker and Designer are released.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.