How can we improve things? - Page 5 -...

User 452266 Photo

267 posts

Let's see if I can make this post make sense.....
I just purchased the Responsive Layout Maker Pro a few days ago. I now feel like I purchased a piece of software that I really know nothing about. Yes, I've played around with it some.
I have always worked with High End Web Authoring (WYSIWYG / CODE EDITING) software like Microsoft Expression Web, and others.
I have just started to play with the HTML editor.
What my problem is, and since I see almost no other posts, is that I don't understand what I'm looking at, and everyone else does, or the others are just keeping on the quiet side.
I have looked through the User Guide/Manual for LMP.
What I need is a step by step guide of how to use it in conjunction with the HTML or Web Editor or VSD, or any other Web Editor, as it states.
It other words, what to use first, then 2nd, etc. And step by step.
A Video would be very helpful on creating the layout, exporting it, and using it with say the HTML Editor, and all the way through creating the page, or site pages, etc.
I am hoping that I'm not the only one confused here.

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

So basically you need a more detailed user manual? With examples? I've seen that the help articles are still under construction, so if you wait, what you need may be added.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Sandcrab3 wrote:
Let's see if I can make this post make sense.....
I just purchased the Responsive Layout Maker Pro a few days ago. I now feel like I purchased a piece of software that I really know nothing about. Yes, I've played around with it some.
I have always worked with High End Web Authoring (WYSIWYG / CODE EDITING) software like Microsoft Expression Web, and others.
I have just started to play with the HTML editor.
What my problem is, and since I see almost no other posts, is that I don't understand what I'm looking at, and everyone else does, or the others are just keeping on the quiet side.
I have looked through the User Guide/Manual for LMP.
What I need is a step by step guide of how to use it in conjunction with the HTML or Web Editor or VSD, or any other Web Editor, as it states.
It other words, what to use first, then 2nd, etc. And step by step.
A Video would be very helpful on creating the layout, exporting it, and using it with say the HTML Editor, and all the way through creating the page, or site pages, etc.
I am hoping that I'm not the only one confused here.

We are working on just that (improving documentation and including videos). Layout Maker is designed for producing wireframes, mockups and prototypes of what you want a website to look like. While it does give an exported HTML site to share with your clients, that is not the primary function of the program. Layout Maker helps you create your own layout which you then use any web editor to apply the content to it.

If you are wanting to take that exported HTML and build a site off of that, this is where you will need to bring in your coding skills just like you would need to do in the HTML Editor if you modified a theme or existing project. There would be no way to use Visual Site Designer with this as VSD cannot open HTML.

We will be making lots of changes to the site and documentation over the next few weeks which will help I think answer these questions and help you use the application more effectively. The product page itself however does contain most of the information already but we will expand upon that.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.