CoffeeCup Status Report - October...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey there!

Well, October is here, and as promised, here's our monthly status report:

Along with fall slowly arriving here in Atlanta, we also have two visitors from our Spanish office, Alberto and Marcos. Alberto is our resident expert on Shopping Cart Creator and Designer, and he's making sure the release goes as smoothly as possible. Marcos and Alberto are also working on some top-secret projects, and since I'm still in the process of getting my security clearance, I can't say with any certainty what they're doing. I'm assuming it must be cool because six wide-screen Dell monitors have been delivered to our office this month so far, and their lair looks like something from the movie Swordfish

Shopping Cart Creator Basic and Pro:

We made our goal in September, and Shopping Cart Creator and Shopping Cart Creator Pro were officially launched to all registered Shopping Cart Creator users (at a huge discount, I might add). The feedback so far has been great, so keep the comments coming! Now that we've finished up the core infrastructure of the Pro version, it'll be easier for us to add even more cool features over the next few months.

But that doesn't mean we've forgotten our SCC Basic users. Version 3.8 added 15+ features and tweaks, and we have even more cool stuff in the works. I'll post more detailed information as we get closer to the release.

Shopping Cart Designer Basic/Pro:

Both of these programs had a few tweaks to correspond to the changes in SCC Basic and Pro. Most notable are the changes to Designer Pro, which now gives you control over the size of your store images. You can see what I'm talking about over at our swag shop.

Check for updates:

If you haven't noticed it by now, go to the Help menu and select Check for Updates. This feature lets you know if there's a newer version of the software available. Upgrades are free, so there's no reason to be out of date! :)

(Note: This feature is available in Shopping Cart Creator Basic/Pro, Shopping Cart Designer Basic/Pro and Direct FTP.)

Shopping Cart Themes:

All our Shopping Cart Creator themes were updated this week, and now each package contains a Basic and Pro version of each theme.

Website Access Manager:

The update for this program is complete. We've added a ton of cool new things for this release, but we're going to hold off on releasing it until we're done with all the announcements for SCC/SCCP/SCD/SCDP.

Visual Site Designer and S-Drive:

We've gradually been letting more and more of our users test out this new service, but people keep e-mailing me asking if they can try it out. I've been offered movie tickets, DVD players, firstborn children for the privilege of using S-Drive. Well, I'm here to tell you that I can't be bought! I mean, unless you have some Justin Bieber tickets... ;)

All this is to say that we're being very selective about which people we'll let in. If you're interested you can request access here.

Facebook and Twitter

I mentioned this last month, but if you haven't already noticed it yet, we're pretty big into social networking. It's an excellent way to communicate with a larger user base, and it gives us a nearly instantaneous way to let our users know about the latest activities here. If you haven't subscribed to our Facebook or Twitter accounts yet, what are you waiting for?! After all, we may leak some exciting news about Shopping Cart Creator Pro there very soon...

Thanks for reading!

Scott

P.S. I'm serious about those Justin Bieber tickets. I love that guy.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

I got bored one Sunday afternoon and I used my credit card to buy a ticket to the Justin Bieber movie at movietickets.com (I had seen every other movie at the cinema). After I bought the ticket a message popped up telling me that by purchasing a ticket to his movie I was automatically entered in a contest to "win a date with Justin", lol! If I win you want me to pass it on to you? Obviously it won't be a "date", but you two could hang out, perhaps, grab a cup a joe with the Bieb. Maybe you could take your picture with him and put it on the front page of the CC web site, where there has been a strange void ever since that Linsey Lohan pic was taken down...
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Chad Spillars wrote:
I got bored one Sunday afternoon and I used my credit card to buy a ticket to the Justin Bieber movie at movietickets.com (I had seen every other movie at the cinema). After I bought the ticket a message popped up telling me that by purchasing a ticket to his movie I was automatically entered in a contest to "win a date with Justin", lol! If I win you want me to pass it on to you? Obviously it won't be a "date", but you two could hang out, perhaps, grab a cup a joe with the Bieb. Maybe you could take your picture with him and put it on the front page of the CC web site, where there has been a strange void ever since that Linsey Lohan pic was taken down...

You would so be my hero Chad!!! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Justin Bieber fan, Chad? :D
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Justin Bieber fan, Chad?

Lol, I'm not sure I'd qualify as a "fan" since I don't own a single one of his albums. I enjoyed the movie though. However I'm not sure why it was in 3-D since more than half the film was home video footage of Justin when he was but a wee one, which obviously was not shot in 3-D.
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

It's OK, my wife makes me watch Babs. :P

But she was sorry she made me watch The King and becauseue now, I am the king. :lol:
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Tom wrote:
It's OK, my wife makes me watch Babs. :P

But she was sorry she made me watch The King and becauseue now, I am the king. :lol:

It's good to be king Tom :D (sometimes)
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Between this laptop keyboard and my mind running a mile a minute, I should proof read my posts. I wanted to say The King and I.

I let her think she rules the roost, but us men know the scoop. :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.