Lockbox and Vista - Post ID 15338

User 494348 Photo

3 posts

I just got a new computer with Vista business on it and was a good girl for awhile and kept UAC turned on.
Now I'm wanting to turn it off, but when I do I can't access my Lockbox- it wants me to start a new database. I can't find any info on importing my old database, so I had to enter them all manually in my new computer, but now I can't access that if I turn UAC off.
What should I do?

Thanks,
Judy
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I just tried to re-create the issue you described here with Vista Home Premium and had no issues. Tried with UAC on and off and LockBox always opened the file. Do you have some other firewall or anti-virus application running?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 494348 Photo

3 posts

Thank you for the follow up, but I used your instructions to copy over my old lock box file and turned UAC off and on and it is OK now. I don't know what was happening. After I switch UAC the last time, when I opened up Lock Box it wanted me to enter a new user name and create a password. It's OK now, though.
User 430156 Photo

1 post

I also had this problem. I was getting "invalid username or password" errors. When I read this thread, I realized I had turned off UAC, because of a conflict with another software. After I turned it back on and restarted, Lockbox worked normally again.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

UAC is your friend. Embrace it. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 322147 Photo

29 posts

UAC is awful, I don't understand how it can be your friend. msconfig, first thing I did with Vista. 7 is a little better..
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Like UAC really displays constantly in Vista when you're just surfing the web or working on an office doc. C'mon, if an app is changing your system - you want to know. Or it it easier to blame MS for these unwanted changes? Not as good as Win7, but it is better than no notification.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Tom wrote:
Like UAC really displays constantly in Vista when you're just surfing the web or working on an office doc. C'mon, if an app is changing your system - you want to know. Or it it easier to blame MS for these unwanted changes? Not as good as Win7, but it is better than no notification.

Changing it yes, but not every dang time it loads, that's just totally stupid. Vista is the most annoying system I've seen, wouldn't own it myself, and if I had to then the UAC would be turned off immediately due to it's constant intrusion not only while working, but confining, outside of the normal users ability, the startup programs to what "it" wants to start unless you know how to get around that UAC so you can have things "you" want to start.

Very very annoying OS in my book :P
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Jo Ann wrote:

Very very annoying OS in my book :P

Ah, you're just high maintenance. :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

LMAO well ya! But what's that got to do with it the price of eggs in CC? :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.