Lockbox 4.0 started taking minutes to...

User 165894 Photo

8 posts

Just in the past few days, Lockbox 4.0 (91) has started to take up to several minutes to open password files on my Windows server. Local files still open as expected. Other desktop systems in the office can still open the same network files instantly on the same same server. Other than MS updates the only software recently installed was MS LifeCAM webcam drivers, and Zoom.us video conferencing. I will remove both and report back.

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Have you tried upgrading to v5 to see if that helps?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 165894 Photo

8 posts

No, I have a lot of data in 4 and have not tried that. I was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. Must be something I installed. I works fine on several other PCs in my network. Also of interest, the cursor turns to an hourglass with the letters SQL on the lower half. That makes no sense since this does not appear to be an SQL app.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

VP of Software Development
0 posts

excel wrote:
No, I have a lot of data in 4 and have not tried that. I was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. Must be something I installed. I works fine on several other PCs in my network. Also of interest, the cursor turns to an hourglass with the letters SQL on the lower half. That makes no sense since this does not appear to be an SQL app.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would still recommend upgrading to version 5 before anything else. Just keep a backup of the database.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Let me reiterate what Scott said: Keep a backup of the ver.4 database! That way, if something doesn't work and you need to go back to ver.4, you can.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 165894 Photo

8 posts

I purchased 50 license of v4 for $60 (999 less 940 discount) on August 29, 2013 and there does not appear to be a similar deal for V5. Also, I spoke to support and was advised that Lockbox V5 database does not support multiuser file sharing in a windows network, so I was advised not to proceed with the upgrade. Does V5 prevent opening of the file by multiple users on a network, because V4 does not.

Brian, it is not so easy to roll back to V4 database backup because we have hundreds of passwords in several different databases and new passwords and changes are happening all the time. I love Lockbox 4 and would be happy to upgrade if your developers could build it on a database that supports multiuser access on a windows network.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.