Lock Box 3.1 Search Facility - Post...

User 356505 Photo

7 posts

The much used "search" facility within Lockbox ed 3.1 has stopped working; surely I haven't worn it out?! ;)

Any suggestions please?

Learner one minute. Expert the next. Doze on the job then back to learner. Living life's a skill in itself!
www.involvingcommunities.co.uk (Made entirely with Coffee Cup VSD)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Lockbox 3.1 has been discontinued since 2008, so you are using a very outdated version. You should purchase version 5.0 so that you are up to date.

http://www.coffeecup.com/lockbox/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 356505 Photo

7 posts

Thanks for your response, Scott.
The edition I have was released in September, 2012 - according to the annotation beside my purchases.
When I bought the software, one of the things Coffee Cup prided itself on was "free upgrades forever" or some such claim.
Why am I unable to download an updated edition of this piece of software under that condition of sale?

Anyway, back to the question, can you offer any support regarding the lack of search facility? It seems very strange to suddenly stop working.

Many thanks.
Attachments:
Learner one minute. Expert the next. Doze on the job then back to learner. Living life's a skill in itself!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ali wrote:

Thanks for your response, Scott.
The edition I have was released in September, 2012 - according to the annotation beside my purchases.
When I bought the software, one of the things Coffee Cup prided itself on was "free upgrades forever" or some such claim.
Why am I unable to download an updated edition of this piece of software under that condition of sale?

Anyway, back to the question, can you offer any support regarding the lack of search facility? It seems very strange to suddenly stop working.

Many thanks.

You actually never paid for LockBox Ali as version 3.1 was a free program we used to give away to everyone. Refer to your order from 2007 here at https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myaccoun … /17040932/ and you will see a $0.00 charge for LockBox. Free software is nice! :)

Our software does not auto-update so if something just stopped working, it sounds like something else might be interacting in a negative way with our software. However since you are using such an older version it would be hard to say. You would need to be on the updated release to see if that does fix your particular issue.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 356505 Photo

7 posts

You're right, Scott; I thought it was part of the package I bought at the time.

Thanks for your comments. I'm no further forward, but a speedy response was appreciated.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.