Copying to Portable / Additional...

User 1545 Photo

26 posts

HOW do I copy the Lockbox installation to a USB stick so that I can take it with me? The instructions show it and I cannot find the button/option/menu! VERY frustrating.

I also bought the two license promotion. How do I access the additional license?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This is actually extremely easy Ralph. ;)

Go to the FIle Menu and select Backup LockBox Database. This will copy everything to any location you choose.

To download any registered software or upgrades, please go to Your Purchases from within your account. Once the software list appears, click the "download" button next to the software you wish to install.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1545 Photo

26 posts

You were right. It was extremely easy Scott. It would have been even easier if the documentation did not "hide" this information under the title Backing Up Your Database. Backing up the database and copying the database and the entire program are two different things in my mind. Now that I read the paragraph it IS clearly stated. A heading something like Copying the Program and Database to a USB Stick might call user's attention to this important feature.

So, to get the extra license/copy of the program I can just download it again on another user's computer using my account? Why can't I then do this as many times as I want?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ralph Bressler wrote:
You were right. It was extremely easy Scott. It would have been even easier if the documentation did not "hide" this information under the title Backing Up Your Database. Backing up the database and copying the database and the entire program are two different things in my mind. Now that I read the paragraph it IS clearly stated. A heading something like Copying the Program and Database to a USB Stick might call user's attention to this important feature.

So, to get the extra license/copy of the program I can just download it again on another user's computer using my account? Why can't I then do this as many times as I want?

That is true, you can download it as many times as you want, but you only have a license for 2 installations. Installing it on more then 2 would violate the user license agreement. We have always relied on the honor system with our customers. ;-)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2147646 Photo

233 posts

This is the email I received about transfering licenses after I purchased a multi license. It went into my spam folder so maybe people overlook it.

Congratulations on your purchase of LockBox V4,

You are now on your way to start securely sharing your confidential information. Yeah!

I’m sure you are probably ready to start issuing your extra copies of LockBox to your network so I am here to help. Whenever you are ready to transfer a license to another user just fill out the following online form. You are also more than welcome to email me your user list directly. http://team.coffeecup.com/forms/lockbox-transfer/

Once I receive your information I will contact your buddy and provide them with all the information they will need to access their free download of the LockBox. I will also be sure to give you credit so they know who to high-five for their awesome gift. :)

LockBox V4 is such a great way to securely share private data that you may want to take advantage of our low priced multi-license bundles. You can get copies for as low as 69 cents and securely share with everyone you know! You would hate to forget about someone in your network and these crazy deals will not be around for long so pick up your additional copies today.

Happy sharing,

User 418470 Photo

101 posts

Thanks - I would never have figured that out.
I should have something clever to say... but I don't.
newurbanpantry.com https://www.newurbanpantry.com
frankelmo.com http://www.frankelmo.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.