Why can't I get the mouse over...

User 2018772 Photo

5 posts

I have uploaded a map.. .and everything seems to work great EXCEPT.. the mouse over text does not appear. Can anyone tell me why?

Here is the link... Please note.. I only have ONE link active from the image mapper (Kings Pond Island)... as I have been too frustrated to upload the rest of the pages... Why isn't any of the mouse over test showing up??

http://www.swampyacresfarm.com/Map.html
www.swampyacresfarm.com
Southern New Hampshire's Most Unprofitable Farm
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Why isn't any of the mouse over test showing up??

Hi Stephen,
I see your problem and what I tried was (using the code below) was put Goat Paddock where ( title="" ) is and remove from window status. This seemed to work for me in FF and IE 7. I don't know why this is like this but instead of it showing the mouseover like it should, it showed the alt or title text instead. This is a work around sorry not a fix..
<area shape="poly" coords="742,459,652,398,529,534,593,588,742,460,742,460,740,460" href="" alt="" title="" OnMouseOver="window.status='Goat Paddock'; return true" OnMouseOut="window.status=''; return true">

Have a great Christmas.:)

User 2018772 Photo

5 posts

Dear Bruzer,

Yes, I tried that and it DOES seem to fix the problem. THANKS ALOT. Maybe I should report this to CC as some kind of "bug".. I didn't mess with the HTML at all... this is exactly what the GUI output and I just copied and pasted it in. Thanks Again.
www.swampyacresfarm.com
Southern New Hampshire's Most Unprofitable Farm
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

User 2071807 Photo

2 posts

Well it is March 2010 and apparently this problem was not fixed in any update as I have the same problem and the correction given is what I have
Here is the code

<area shape="rect" coords="277,360,413,417" href="" alt="" title="" OnMouseOver="window.status='pool area'; return true" OnMouseOut="window.status=''; return true">

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.