Suggestions for CoffeeCup Image...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We want your ideas, suggestions, and comments about CoffeeCup Image Mapper . So tell us: How can we make the software even better? Remember, our products are here for you guys, so we want to make them the very best we can :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 454876 Photo

15 posts

It would be most helpful to brain dead rookies like me to have included within the help file detailed instructions on how to get your mapped image to your web site...

I have constructed a mapped image that works like a champ while it is in the mapper program.... HOW DO UPLOAD THE IMAGE TO MY WEB SITE (SERVER), AND GET IT TO WORK.

Thanks
Gary Grooms
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Gary Grooms wrote:
It would be most helpful to brain dead rookies like me to have included within the help file detailed instructions on how to get your mapped image to your web site...

I have constructed a mapped image that works like a champ while it is in the mapper program.... HOW DO UPLOAD THE IMAGE TO MY WEB SITE (SERVER), AND GET IT TO WORK.

Thanks
Gary Grooms

There are 2 steps you need to take. First, upload the image to your Website and second, paste in the image map code we provided you when you saved your image map into the page on your Website where you want to use it.
Easy as 1-2-3 ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 454876 Photo

15 posts

Thanks for the reply...
I think I did exactly as you stated but it still does not work.
Of course I more than likely did it wrong...
Are you saying that I upload my xxx.gif image to my server and then paste the generated code in a page where the image will be ..
IE: I create an html page in vsd, insert my gif image onto the html page and then paste my html code in the same page???????
Thanks
Hard Headed Gary
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Yep , that is all you need to do. If you are still running into problems, please open up a support ticket and provide us with the Website url so we can take a closer look into this.
User 454876 Photo

15 posts

Thanks
I will try again
User 476017 Photo

Ambassador
375 posts

Hi Scott
Any chance that an image mapper feature could be developed as follows.
I have several thumbnail images on a web page. I would like to enlarge each image as the mouse hovers over the thumbnail. As I move the mouse away from the thumbnail the enlarged image disappears.
Aso could some mouse over text be displayed say under the enlarged image
regards
Dave
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

Old Rishworthians Rugby Union Football club http://www.orrufc.co.uk
Tuxedo Junction Yorkshire Function Band http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk
The Commons Guest House http://www.thecommons-guesthouse.co.uk
all created with Coffee Cup html editor
User 570652 Photo

2 posts

I would love to see a time released function on the image mapper. IE you open a area of the image on a certain day or time of day? Is that possible? That would be a wonderful addition for me in many ways!

Thanks!
Thanks for your help.

Peace and Harmony,
KCS
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

There is no way that I know of to do that with an image map. Something like that would have to be done with a combination of scripts and images.
User 1973134 Photo

1 post

It would be nice if you could add or remove points in a polygon after it has been created.

Maybe even make the URL and alt fields multi-line so it would be easier to see what is in them.

I've also noticed that the polygon shape will reset if you change the zoom level which can be annoying.

A little navigation image like GIMP or PhotoShop have for moving around quickly when you are zoomed it.

That should keep someone busy for a while.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.