Need help getting Image Mapper to...

User 1617439 Photo

12 posts

I am trying to use Image Mapper to map hot spots but never get the cursor to be able to "lift" an area and move it like is shown in the video tutorial. I am runningWindows 7 and own a registered copy of Image Mapper. I have tried setting it up to run in compatibility mode for XP and Vista. Neither helps.

Thanks, Mike B.
User 1617439 Photo

12 posts

I may not have been clear. I can't drag and drop areas that I ahve defined to move them to another location. I have tried cutting ans pasteing but that fails too. All I can do with the cursor is resize the area.

Thanks,
Mike B.
User 1617439 Photo

12 posts

CLOSE THIS ONE - I wasn't making the area big enough to change the cursor from resize to drag and drop.

Mike B.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Mike,

Glad you got it worked out regardless of how it happened hehe, if my own experience has anything to say, it most likely won't be the first or last time you solve it yourself before others do hehe. GL on the rest :)
User 2073490 Photo

154 posts

I love my image map! It works great, except for a couple of hot spots. I have gone back into the map to double check everything, and it looks like it is supposed to (unless I'm looking at it cross-eyed).

It is the ankles and feet. I just don't get it. Is there a limit as to how many hot spots I can have in a file?

massagefrog.com/what_hurts.html
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

This could be due to the coding errors in the page, such as two opening html tags and other tags closed incorrectly causing nesting errors and such. Just try to fix all the validation errors, and then see how the map works.

It's usually helpful to fix some of the early errors and then revalidate. This way you may find some of the later errors vanishing as they only seemed to be errors because the early mistakes were throwing off the rest of the page's validation.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Foot and ankle works for me.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

Esther L Miller wrote:
It is the ankles and feet. I just don't get it. Is there a limit as to how many hot spots I can have in a file?

The problem is those portions of the image map are being "blocked" by the #instruction div that is positioned on top of them.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Cary is right. This is problematic in FF but not in IE8.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2073490 Photo

154 posts

Ah, HA! Thanks so much. I never would have found that without you guys :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.