Image Mapper problem with Firefox -...

User 417348 Photo

2 posts

I tried a image with IE7 and all is good but with Firefox when I go over the image the text does not show.
Is this my problem or is the problem with Firefox?
If the problem is with Firefox, I thought of putting a statement on ther page telling that the page is best viewed with IE.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

CoffeeCup uses the alt tag and not the title tag. The alt tag is a textual replacement for images when the image is not displayed, not a tooltip.

You need to add title tags to the image map along with the alt tag and it will work in mozilla browsers.

Coffecup should incorporate this into the program so that it functions properly.

When I read "this site looks better in browser A", I interpret that as "I don't know how to make it appear as I want in the browser B, C, and D".
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

Tom wrote:
CoffeeCup uses the alt tag and not the title tag. The alt tag is a textual replacement for images when the image is not displayed, not a tooltip.

You need to add title tags to the image map along with the alt tag and it will work in mozilla browsers.

Coffecup should incorporate this into the program so that it functions properly.

When I read "this site looks better in browser A", I interpret that as "I don't know how to make it appear as I want in the browser B, C, and D".

This doesn't work either. At least in my version of Firefox. (2.0.0.14 which is the latest). That is, if I'm understanding what you're saying. I had filled out all of the info in the Image Mapper program including Name, Alt Text, and MouseOver Text. All of them, or any combination does not work.

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

This works in Firefox 2.0.0.14 if you do it correctly.

There is no place in the CC program to enter title attributes under the area properties, you have to manually add them to the map code after the code is in the html document.

As I said in my original post.

Tom wrote:

An advisor should forward this to the CC team to fix.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,072 posts

Look at your html code in the final page. Find the alt="..." attributes for the image map. Next to the alt attributes add title attributes. So you would have something like this:

title="Some text here"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.