Image Mapper not working on iPhone -...

User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Kathleen,

If you change "id" to "name" in line 144 of the markup, the image map links will work in Chrome and Safari (which they did not before). I don't have an iPhone to test it with, but maybe this will do the trick there too. The attributes "id" and "name" usually work interchangeably in this and similar tags, but some browsers, like Chrome and Safari, seem to be 'sensitive' to the choice...

Current Line 144: <map id="mind-gamesscammersflash">

Change to: <map name="mind-gamesscammersflash">
User 2016442 Photo

7 posts

Thank you everyone, I've taken on board all that has been said and will try the suggestions. FYI I only use CC HTML Editor, Image Mapper and my own scripting so that the page appears exactly as I want it. I also validate every page before uploading. I'll let you know how I go. Thanks again.
User 2016442 Photo

7 posts

Problem solved I think! When I changed 'id' to 'name' the page wouldn't validate, but using <map id="mind-gamesscammersflash" name="mind-gamesscammersflash"> the links now work on the iPhone. Thanks to all for your help.
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Hi Kathleen,

I'm glad that all you needed for things to work was that small 'adjustment'! :)

XHTML requires "id" to be used rather than "name", so I didn't expect it to validate. But I thought it would be more important for it to work than for it to validate...
Using both was a good idea!

If you want the CSS to validate as well, you need to change your several instances of "font-color: black;" to "color: black;" in your internal style sheet between lines 15 and 102.
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/vali … index.html
User 2016442 Photo

7 posts

Thanks Per, I didn't realise that I had to validate the CSS as well as the HTML, still we live and learn. Thanks for the tip, all necessary adjustments done and validations complete. I've just updated to the latest CC HTML Editor so things should be sweet from here on, now all I have to do is check all the other pages.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Glad you got it working buff, good luck on the rest of your pages and site and enjoy the new version of the editor too! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.