web page text wrap around flash image...

User 386803 Photo

2 posts

If I insert an image into my page, the text wraps nicely around it. When I insert a flash image that fades in, created with Firestarter, it sits on top of the text, hiding it. I created my page with coffeecup html editor and can't see why the text of the page won't wrap around it. Any ideas? all help will be much appreciated. This is my first website.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Jaycee38,

You might want to click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address. Spammers are always looking for valid email addresses.

Please provide a link to your page, and maybe someone here can look and see what needs to be done.

My first stab at something I haven't seen would be to use CSS to position the Firestarter flash using float:left and then the text to float left which may cause the text to float left below the flash.

If we can see your page, we can suggest specific things to try.
User 386803 Photo

2 posts

Thank you so much billr. The float property was exactly what I needed. I'd tried to do it by absolute positioning. Ho-hum.
Thanks again and I've taken your advice and amended my profile.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.