Using VSD, HTML Editor 2008, and...

User 197330 Photo

15 posts

Hello,

I started looking at frames when I attempted to get the jukebox to play across my entire site. A top frame doesn't really help me as a side frame would allow me to manage a menu of links as well as post the Jukebox code to allow for site wide play.

Using VSD and HTML Editor 2008 I have attempted to get a simple frames site working, however, for the life of me I can not get the links (buttons) on the Left Bar to open in the Main Window in this simple two frame site.

Its probably something small, but between this and getting my CC Form Builder to talk to my SMTP Relay once again, I'm about spent for this weekend warrior stuff. Any thoughts or ideas for how I can get this frame issue put to bed would be helpful.

Here is a temp site to see the problem I am running into. Just click on the side buttons and you will see what I am talking about.

http://www.menexperiencinggod.com/temp/
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

John,

Here is some code from your left frame:

<a target="_parent" href="index.html" >

If you want that to open in your main frame, you need to change the code to this:

<a target="main" href="index.html" >

The _parent is opening the link in the current frame. By changing it to open in the target="main" you are telling it to open in the frame you have named main.

Try making that change to all the links that you want to open in the main frame.
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

You need to target links to the right-side frame. Since you have this:

<frame name="main" ...>

"main" is the target frame's name.

So instead of just this:

<a href="MEGGoals.html" >

You need to have this:

<a href="MEGGoals.html" target="main">
User 197330 Photo

15 posts

Thank you guys so much! That did it! I knew it was something that was starring right at me.

John

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.