uploading problem in HTML 2008

User 129304 Photo

3 posts

Using the same formulations, HTML 2007 load the files, while HTML 2008 tell: host directory does not exist, and nothing doesn't load. Thanks
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

You may want to click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address. That will help keep spammers from getting your email address.

It seems like you are saying that HTML Editor 2007 would upload the pages, but HTML Editor 2008 does not upload the pages. Is this a correct understanding?

Are you sure you are uploading to the correct directory?

Are you getting any error messages?

Without giving your password, what have you entered in the following boxes?

username
web server address
remote directories

The user name is likely something given to you by the hosting company.

The web server address is something like "yoursite.com" and may require a www for it to work (www.yoursite.com)

remote directories would be needed to put a file in a specific directory, or maybe to get to a public folder.

Hope this helps.
User 129304 Photo

3 posts

"It seems like you are saying that HTML Editor 2007 would upload the pages, but HTML Editor 2008 does not upload the pages. Is this a correct understanding?"
Yes, but you have not understood that I use the same username, web server address, remote directories and password in both, in HTML Editor 2007 and in HTML Editor 2008.
HTML Editor 2007 upload the pages, HTML Editor 2008 does not upload the pages. This is an error, it seems me.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

I know both the 2007 version and the 2008 version work properly for me, and I can up-load pages easily.

When you try to do the upload what happens? Does the program just go back to the edit mode, or does it give you an error message?

Do you get any error messages?

If you go to edit the server information, there is a test button. What happens when you test the settings?

If none of this seems to help, you may want to un-install HTML Editor 2008, restart your computer, download the program again, and then install it.
User 129304 Photo

3 posts

The thing is very strange.
When I try settings happens that the program gives me this message: "host directory does not exist. Do you want to create it?"
But HTML Editor 2008, but;
1) in fact the directory already exists
2) if I choose 'no', the program stops; if I choose 'yes', the program tries to create the directory, but failed and then repeats the query.
3) I tried to uninstall etc, but nothing has changed
4) on the contrary, I tried to install HTML 2008, creating the connection, uninstall HTML 2008, to restart the computer, install HTML 2007. Well, HTML 2007 found the connection created in HTML 2008. Without any intervention this connection works properly! Really very strange. For me, is not a big problem, because I can use Direct FTP. The problem remains for your software. Best regards.
Notes:
a) when I try settings with the test button, the success happens
b) in 2008 HTML editor I can successfully open the pages of my web site, that already exist in Internet, directly into the program editing
c) my site is an interior space to "www.webalice.it", is a site 'secondary' of provider "alice". This will be the problem?
However thanks for the interest
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Well, I am out of ideas. You may need to contact CoffeeCup directly.

http://www.coffeecup.com/contact/

They will answer promptly, but sometimes spam filters stop the messages, so be sure to check http://www.coffeecup.com/help/ then login and check "My Question History" for answers.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.