Updating from Front Page Express to...

User 317305 Photo

1 post

Good afternoon,

I've been using Front Page Express for many years and think I need to update to a newer HTML editor especially since I had to buy a new computer running Windows 8.1

My question is:

1. Using the Cofffee Cup editor, can I use my current HTML pages in the program that were created with FP Express? I have about 500+ so this is important.

Thank you,

Fred
Melbourne FL

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

Short answer: Yes, you can.

Longer and more elaborated answer: Yes, you sure can. But the web standards, html and css versions have changed a lot since the days of FP Express (was there even css in that programme?), so your site will probably look and feel a tad outdated. ;)
If you want a piece of good advice:
Get yourself accustomed to the CC HTML Editor and see what it can do for you.
Learn (if you haven't already) some css, and use it in the Editor.
Then, when you feel really adventurous, grab RLM and go responsive. You still need the Editor for the finishing touch of your site, so it will never be wasted money.
And not to forget: we are a nice bunch here, and if you just holler when you are stuck, some of us will come to your rescue. We live in all sorts of countries around the world, there is always someone who is awake and online ;):lol:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.