Template for an Artice - Post ID 295996

User 2997969 Photo

24 posts

Hi - I’m working on a new web site based on a trip to Ireland. Part of the site will be a medium sized article that I wrote about an interesting experience we had. Does anyone know of a responsive template for laying out an article on a web site? I’m using Bootstrap 4 for other parts of the site (galleries, modals and carousels) but I could use a template that just provides some html and CSS. I’m using the CC html editor, not Site Designer.

Thanks,
Robert
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

You can use any div to hold an article. To make it responsive make sure to use % or vw for widths, not px, then it will be responsive. Also, for images, don't accept the px dimensions that appear when inserting images. Instead use % in the style sheet. When you add margin to the images you can use px. There is no need really, and will also be quite difficult, to make a standard template for articles, because we never know what kind of images may be added, how many, how large etc.
You can take a look at the second URL in my signature, I have one example 'component' for the HTML Editor which can be downloaded. Look for the one called 'Wrapping Text'. You can also look around the tabs for the frameworks. If you have Site Designer (even though you don't use it), you could download any component that you might find interesting and just export it, so that you can open it in the Editor.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2997969 Photo

24 posts

Thank you Inger. That helps.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.