Table properties - Post ID 80317

User 214569 Photo

17 posts

I have a website in process and have tables on the page. I can't figure out how to manage the properties of the table after they have already been put into place, unless I do it through html. I want to vertically align my text or images in each table, but have only found that you can do that if you do it while creating the table. Please tell me this isn't so.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

David,

I'm still fairly new at the design (HTML) as well. But I think it's valign="top","center","bottom" that you are looking for.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 214569 Photo

17 posts

Thanks Phil, I actually do know the html code, but I was hoping that you could do it from the Visual Editor section. I know that you can easily horizontally align information in the tables, but can't for the life of me figure out how to vertically align information. In MS FrontPage, all you did was right click and align however you wanted.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

David,

In addition to Phil's suggestion, you can shift to the code editor tab and you can use CSS to style the table. That will allow you to make a single change to set the text for all the table cells.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.