Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 469268 Photo

81 posts

Will Wenzel wrote:
Support Hi-DPI monitors in the interface so working withing html-editor feels less like 1996. On a 4k monitor the interface fonts look like they were created on a dot-matrix printer.
10 and 12 would be a good start, this is a great tool, foster the user community with good exmples
mahnoormoon52 wrote:
1. Streamline the user interface.
2. Enhance responsive design tools.
3. Add code validation.
4. Include code suggestions.
5. Integrate popular frameworks.
6. Offer performance optimization.
7. Consider a dark mode.
8. Improve CSS editing.
9. Add collaboration features.
10. Provide regular updates.
11. Offer comprehensive documentation.
12. Foster a user community.
User 3146934 Photo

1 post

HOW DO i CHANGE THE FONT SIZE OF HTML CODE? I have a 4K monitor and really can't read the html very well. It's also of such horrible visual quality - very grainy - which makes it even harder to read. If at least I could increase the font size of the html code then that would improve the experience somewhat.
I have gone through the settings pages many times looking for a way to change the font size to no avail. I tried using the mouse wheel and ctrl+ and ctrl- but nothing works. I also don't know where to even ask such a simple tech support question.
Please make it easier (or possible) to change the font size. Thanks
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,455 posts

Select Tools -> Preferences ->Customization -> Modify highlighter colours, etc. There, at the bottom on the right side you find the size.

You should have posted your question directly into the HTML Editor discussion group, not in the Suggestion subgroup.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 3182125 Photo

1 post

It'd be convenient to have a Save menu, even a simple one with Save and Save All options, in the tab's right-click menu for open files. Often, I find myself attempting to save a page by right-clicking on the tab, only to find the Close option. Since we frequently switch between tabs with multiple pages open, having a Save option directly accessible would enhance usability. It's a small addition, but it would certainly improve user experience.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,455 posts

I agree that it would be convenient. But I hope you know that the Save button can be picked apart, with all the different Save options beside each other in the menu. That helps a lot compared to having one Save button with a dropdown.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 469268 Photo

81 posts

Inger wrote:
I agree that it would be convenient. But I hope you know that the Save button can be picked apart, with all the different Save options beside each other in the menu. That helps a lot compared to having one Save button with a dropdown.
Agree, I work on several websites with different tools like Word Press. All function like coffeecup when it comes to saving/updating webpages.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.