src - Post ID 4716

User 447282 Photo

3 posts

I am new to this program.

I am working on a new web site. The folder is in the 'Working Folder', within the folder are my html pages and my image folder.

When I direct to an image the program keeps changing the direct link I am making.

Although I have entered relative url, it keeps changing.

What am I doing wrong or do you need more info ??

Sorry if Im being really stupid.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

May I suggest that you click on profile, and change your forum name to something other than your email address? This is a public forum, and bots can find there way here to collect email addresses.

What program are you using to build your web site? If you are using the HTML editor, are you using the code editor, or the visual editor?

Have you tried uploading to your site?
User 447282 Photo

3 posts

Thanks

I have changed my profile (I think). I am using HTML Editor 2007

I thought I had managed to sort this out by editing the code in 'Code Editor' But I was switching between 'Code Editor' and visual editor.
But the program does not seem to link to my image folder.

I have only just purchased the program as I thought it would be easier for me (was using Dreamweaver), but I had revert back to Dreamweaver as the CC HTML editor only works with my images if they are all in one folder (html pages & images)

What am I doing wrong !

Sorry
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Jaq,

I have never had a problem with the program changing the URL to my images, and I have my images separated into many folders.

Would you be able to give a step by step, click by click description of the problem?

If it can be duplicated, a solution may be found.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Jaq,

Just found something that might help you.

http://www.coffeecup.com/html-editor/he … e.556.html

That is one of the CoffeeCup help files that discusses making the links relative.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.