sliced image online and link images...

User 461023 Photo

Trial User
10 posts

Hi,

Working in HTML Editor 2007, trial version.

Finally got my page to upload and to find an image file. I have a few questions.

1. I am used to my image files uploading and configuring when I upload a page. CC did not do that when I loaded the page. I had to load the images on their own and edit the links in the page manually. Is there a way to configure so that CC tracks the image files and uploads them correctly so the links work?

2. The image I did get up looks awful. It is all sliced and diced. like some cyber serial image murder went at it with a cyber switch blade! What's up with that?

3. The buttons are from the CC graphics/buttons folder. When I added the links to them they aquired the borders, whicg I do not want. Anyone know how to rid my buttons of the ugly borders?

oh one more thang...
4. the text over the buttons is not keeping it's absolute position.

www.koreanspine.org

Thanks,
sara
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Sara,

As for uploading, I think the HTML editor only uploads the active page in the editor. I use an FTP program for most of my file uploads.

I suggest you use a graphics program to resize that header graphic from 5173x1235 to something that will fit on your web site. Resizing will make the file smaller so it loads faster.

Use CSS to set the border to 0 to eliminate the borders.

I could not see your buttons. It appears they did not upload.

The large image appears to be corrupted, so at the very least, you need to upload it again.
User 461023 Photo

Trial User
10 posts

ok, Thanks for the additional help Bill! I have read a bunch and am taking the plunge of working without tables and having much better success!

1. discovered the *working file* thang and assigned it to where it would at least collect all the files in one place. much better.

2. manually resized and tweaked the header graphic to the exact size and thats much happier as well.

3. Grabbed the button file and put it with the others so it got uploaded and reset the borders. super.

4. Tweaked the text for a while and finally did it a different way. that's all good now too.

Thanks for all the help!

now on to the next challenge... side bars and style sheets ; -)

Sara
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Sara,

The site now looks much better. Keep learning, and things will start making sense.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.