Sales question: What is "My Software...

User 2714975 Photo

4 posts

Hi,

I just upgraded my Html Editor, to the latest version. There was one option, that I selected, that says

"My Software on a snazzy USB Drive"

There doesn't seem to be a link or any information about this.

I ordered that, in the hopes that it is a portable version of Html Editor. On my work PC, I can't install this, and a few other applications ; so I use either a Portable version or build my own utility software. For example, I've used UltraEdit Portable, for several years.

Is that what the USB Drive version is? A flash drive with a portable version of Html Editor? Or a flash drive, with the setup program?

Regards,

DC
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I have never had any explanation about that in all the years I've been here (since 2005). I have asked someone from support to pop over and give you a reply.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 399746 Photo

Sales & Support Manager
416 posts

Hi Dan!

The USB drive will include a backup of the .exe program file so that it can be installed in the future or put onto machines that are not connected to the web. It will not run the app on the fly, you'd need to install it.
Learn the essentials with these tips on Site Designer. You'll be making epic, code-free responsive sites like a boss.
User 2714975 Photo

4 posts

Ah, that's too bad. I was hoping to Portabalize this.

Oh, well. I'll least I'll be receiving a nice little flash drive in the mail.

Thanks, Suzanne.

Regards,

DC
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Dan,

If you have an external hard drive you might try installing it on that and see if it will work. If I have time this afternoon I'll give it a try and come back here and edit my post.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Without having tried - my guess is, that it might work as long as that external disc is connected to the machine that the app was installed on. But once you connect it to some other machine... :o:(
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

I installed the HTML Editor on an external drive (4TB Passport Drive).
I got a message that said I needed more space but ignored that since this is an empty drive.
You have to select the drive you want in the install.
I had it create a desktop icon.
Worked like a charm.

Removed the drive and put it on another computer that didn't have the HTML Editor installed.
Went into the program directory and created a desktop shortcut.
Went to the desktop and clicked on the shortcut and the editor works fine.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Well, I'm surprised! Good news then! Did it say during the installation how much space it needed?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

No, It just gave a message and after the first time I just clicked ignore and it installed.

I went down the the CoffeeCup folder and it says 36mb.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.