RE: Installation Error... - Post ID 6212

User 515757 Photo

9 posts

I have downloaded the trial version of the HTML Editor 20008 web page designer. Downloaded file size is about 24 megabytes so I assume it's all there.

When I try to install the program on my PC – it seems to go all the way thru the process (based on the progress bars) but an error window pops up at the end that says: "...you do have access to make the required system configuration modifications – rerun installation from an Administrator account..." This is curious since there is only one user for my desktop PC – and that is ME....Any thoughts?

I’m running Windows XP w/service pack #2 – I have had no other problems installing any other software from other sources...I’m interested in trying the VSD product – but now I’m stuck!

Suggestions are appreciated...

Mike P.
Buffalo, NY
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,459 posts

Have you checked in the control panel - user accounts to see if you are a 'limited user'?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Did you install over the '07 version or uninstall that first?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515757 Photo

9 posts

Thanks for the comments - but since I am the only user of my desktop computer - there are no other accounts. Not even an inactive GUEST account...

I have the Computer Associates (CA) firewall and related security features running - but I turned them off and still cannot install the 2008 version. I have no other version of this product installed...

Any other thoughts?

Mike P.
Buffalo, NY
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Honestly, being the only account still doesn't answer the "account type" question. I'd still verify if your user account is Administrator, Limtied, Restricted, etc. The reason I say this is I have an XP Home install that doesn't show the Administrator account anywhere, even in the Control Panel's User Accounts section, but I can log in as Administrator in Safe Mode. Some apps are more strict in having administrator-level access to install apps, so that could explain why you can install other programs and not some (HTML Editor in this case).
User 485469 Photo

Trial User
1 post

I am getting the exact same error message when I try to install the Free HTML editor.

I am logged in as the Administrator and have never had an installation error before in the 1.5 years I've had this computer (running XP). Not sure where to go from here.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dennis
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,459 posts

Since the one who started this thread didn't get back to this forum, we don't know if and how his problem was solved. I suggest that you contact the Coffeecup support about this.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.