Project size limit in HTML Editor? -...

User 15692 Photo

9 posts

My question is:
Is there a size/file limit in HTML Editor? I have one project which is has quite a bit of gallery files. When I load, save, or exit this project it takes about 5 min. Have I run into a size limit? Is so, is there a fix? If not, what do you think the problem could be? I'm running HTML Editor 2008 on XP sp2.

Thanks
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts
Online Now

100k per page is pushing it (for download reasons, not editor limitations). What kind of page weight are you working with?
User 15692 Photo

9 posts

If you are referring to the html files, they are all between 4k - 6k. However, there are hundreds of html files in the galleries which are all between 3k - 8k in size. My perception of what is going on is that the project is too big for the editor. If I open the "project" in just the Files tab, everything runs smartly. But, when I open the "project" in the Project tab, it takes about 5 min to do any saves, add files, or any saves. Because of the galleries, there are 1000's of files in the subdirectories. I'm suspecting that this is the reason.
I don't use the Project tab when any of my projects get to a point where they load really slow. I simply use the Files tab which seems to be impervious to a file count limitation. However, I would like to know if there is a file count limitation in the Project tab as this is my preferred way to develop my websites.
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts
Online Now

The page weight is the total size of the page when you add the html file size plus the combined size of all images on the page, all flash content on the page, all sounds on the page, etc. It's basically how many KB one has to download to view the page.

However, based on your last post, this doesn't seem to be the problem. It just sounds like CC's project feature needs reworking.
User 15692 Photo

9 posts

I have quite a few pages that break the 100k page weight. However, most of them are a compromise between page loading speed and graphic appearance. I choose to present better graphics and suffer the user to wait for a page load. What I experience with CC HTML Editor is not related to page load speed I'm sure. If I load a Project with the Project folder, once that project gets to a certain size doing any file manipulation slows the response of it (like save, open, add a file, etc) to a crawl. If I open the same directory structure under Files, without loading the Project, it is fast and responsive. I believe it's the Project feature that has some sort of limitation in file manipulation in the code and it needs to be reworked, as you state. I like using the Project feature so I hope this may draw some attention to it.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.