Problem with HTML Editor 2008 and...

User 198982 Photo

14 posts

I'm trying to use the built-in ftp to upload my files and it used to work great in the older version, but every time I try to do it using 2008, it asks if I want to overwrite the file already on the server. I say Yes or Yes to All and nothing happens. In fact it clears out the file on the server, but never writes the new file to the server. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Build 233.

I like using the built-in ftp when I'm developing. Otherwise I use the free FTP bundled software.
User 403674 Photo

26 posts

I am also unable to upload. Have you (or anyone else reading this) found a solution? I'm using vista, and receive an error saying the directory I want to publish to doesn't exist. Worked fine in version 7. Thanks.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

If only I could get that far. Mine is currently sitting at Transferring whether or not Passive Mode is enabled. I'll have to test this again on another computer and/or location.
"and/or my bad" (Comcast commercial joke) :P
http://www.coffeecuphelp.com/adam/images/Html2008FTP.jpg
User 198982 Photo

14 posts

That's basically what mine does Adam. I tell it to go ahead and overwrite the file and the transferring window pops up, but nothing happens. The window eventually goes away, if you leave it long enough, but then the file is "empty" up on the server.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

What is the directory on the server that you are uploading to?

I have the same problem with one of my servers where the remote dir. is www_docs. But if the remote dir. is public_html the transfer completes without problems.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 198982 Photo

14 posts

I used ICDSoft for my sites and in the past, I've used: /www/www for the base and I was trying to upload to /www/www/new which exists. Again for me, it recognizes that there's a file already there and asks me if I want to overwrite it. I say yes and then it hangs. Just now I tried:

/www/www/new
www/www/new
new

The first two ask me if I want to overwrite the file and then they do nothing. The last one says the directory "new" doesn't exist and do I want to create it (but it does exist) and even if I say yes, it continually asks me to create it!

When I use Free FTP, my base sites show up as /www/www for the path.
User 403674 Photo

26 posts

I may have found a solution. In the upload button, there is an option to edit servers. I clicked on that and edited the remote directory line to inclide the full name of the public_html file, not just "public_html". This allows me to upload. However, it does ask me every time if I want to overwrite the existing file. Maybe there is an option to stop that. Hope this works for you guys.
User 198982 Photo

14 posts

Yes, I have tried all variations on the path including the full path and none have worked. I get the overwrite, but then it doesn't overwrite or do anything.
User 198982 Photo

14 posts

Bump....

I've downloaded the released version of HTML Editor 2008 and I still can't overwrite files on the server using the built-in FTP.
User 277831 Photo

31 posts

I have never been able to make the ftp function to Coffeecup work. I finally gave up and use Filezilla (Free) or 3dFTP.

At first I thought maybe it was a server error but after a while working with the techs on the server they suggested I use filezilla and have not gone back.

Kat

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.