Preivew tab opens up in browser? -...

User 514656 Photo

Trial User
1 post

I'm relatively new to CoffeeCup Free HTML Editor, so I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. Sometimes when I preview a file (by clicking on the "Preview" tab), it opens up in Firefox (my default browser). Other times, it shows the preview in the preview tab itself. I'd like it to always use the preview tab instead of FF. Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.
User 373928 Photo

141 posts

There is a drop down box on the 'Preview' tab in which one can select 'Default' or 'Built-in' browser.

Warning! Mine is set to "Default'. My default browser is Firefox (I checked) but CC VSD opens up in IE - not set to default (I checked that too).

I am about to open a ticket for this error.
I have an inferiority complex - but it is not a very good one.
User 373928 Photo

141 posts

Just to share with y'all, here is the rapid response I received from CC:
========================================================================
Thanks for contacting us! The preview button works as expected here, so it sounds it is a bad installation of the software. I would suggest to download again the 5.9.4 version from http://care.coffeecup.com/support/using your e-mail address and password, uninstall your current copy, and install the fresh copy.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucia de Francisco
====================================================================

I guess my install, which has been working correctly since I downloaded it months ago had gone rusty on the hard drive or something. Or more likely there is probably a VSD system file that contains all kinds of flags such as this one and that may be corrupted. I will try Lucia's suggestion, (Although a re-download, and re-install seems a little excessive) after I have tried resetting the flag to 'built-in' and back to 'default' a few times just to teach it a lesson.
User 373928 Photo

141 posts

I wonder if that preview browser switch is related to the site that one is working on, rather than VSD itself? That is to say, it will use the built-in browser for one site and the default browser for another.

Hah! That I can test...
User 373928 Photo

141 posts

OK, boys and girls, here is what I found:

The switch is a VSD function, and is not site dependent.

To fix my issue above, here is what I did:

I started IE and set it to be my default browser and closed it.
I then started Firefox and set it back to be the default browser.
I re-tested the preview function in VSD and, lo and behold, it worked correctly. I did not need to re-install at all, at all.

I guess it was a Windows XP file that was somehow corrupted.

We never had this problem with CICS.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.