PHP error - Post ID 6403

User 467639 Photo

3 posts

HTML Editor 2008

When I insert the following line in my code: <?php include("menu.inc.php"); ?>

The "?php" goes red.

When uploading from the editor the "?" is removed and off course nothing works.

When uploading with ftp to the server the code will execute ok.

I am very new to the editor, have not used php before and have probably overlooked something obvious - but please help - I am stuck.

Just noticed the info. requirements:
I am using XP proff. Editor build 235 registered version.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Jan,

You may want to click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address. No need to leave a valid email address available for spammers to collect.

I just tested this using build 233, and it works properly. Color coding in the HTML editor is helpful to draw your attention to different types of code. You will also notice color changes as you add styling the style sections in the head section of your code.

I will download the latest version and give it a test.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Jan,

I just downloaded and installed build 235. My code was uploaded exactly as it was without any modification.

Can you duplicate the problem? If so, please provide an exact set of steps to create/duplicate the problem and if you can duplicate it again, we can tell the developers.
User 467639 Photo

3 posts

Steps to recreate the problem:

- Open editor
- select menu: file: new blank page
- key in: <? (at this point it turns red already)
- continue with: php (now "?php" is red)
- key the rest: include("menu.inc.php"); ?> (this looks normal with a grey background and "menu.inc.php" in cyan color)

Uploading to the server removes the first "?" so the line just reads: <php include("menu.inc.php"); ?>

I have made no modifications to the default the editor is installed with.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Jan,

I will test that and see if I can duplicate it.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Jan,

I tested with both transitional and strict pages, with a space following the closing ) and without a space following the closing ). In each case, it worked perfectly.

Have you tested on a different computer?

Have you tried un-installing the HTML Editor, restarting your computer, and downloading the file again. Then install from the fresh download and test to see if the issue is still there?

If these suggestions do not work, you should probably open a ticket with CoffeeCup by going to the customer care area, logging in and send them an email from that page. They will answer, but sometimes the spam filters catch their replies, so be sure to check back in the customer care area when you can see the tickets associated with your account.
User 467639 Photo

3 posts

Thank you Bill.
I have spend some time on this myself now, and are beginning to think that the problem is on my own computer. There is an incomplete installation of IIS and php and I have not been able to fix it.

I will have to find another computer to try it on or do a complete re-installation.

So for now - sorry that I didn't check this first and thank you for your help.

Jan
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.