Installation failed - Post ID 283884

User 2919460 Photo

2 posts

I wouldn't get too excited yet. I'm having similar problems with software I bought yesterday. Installation just stops with the warning that it can't get access to a particular wav file. The reason for this is that the wav file does not exist. I have never had a problem installing anything on Win 10 before and so am not too impressed. It doesn't make for a good customer experience when the basic implementation package fails as this does; especially regarding the mess it leaves behind (half an implementation). Will try again tomorrow when I am less tired. That said, is there a particular reason why it installs in the user folder and not with my program files is all my other software does?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

Are you talking about the camera.wav, like others here in this thread? It should be in your 'documents' folder on your c drive, in the subfolder Coffeecup Software, then Sounds. If you haven't got it, please try the one I'm attaching here.
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2919460 Photo

2 posts

With reference to yesterday's post and the follow up from Inger; thanks for that. To answer Inger's question, yes, the missing file was camera.wav (sorry, should have been more specific). But what was really confusing me was the default installation path which, in my opinion should be in the program files folder (or similar). Instead, it was using an obscure user account and so it wasn't surprising it couldn.t find the wav file.. As I said yesterday, I was tired and that means stop for matters such as these.

So, I tried again today, only to find that my PC would not boot (I suspect because of a damaged memory module). So I brought out my spare machine and went through the install again with one minor change: I ran it as an administrator (even though I am one). The result: Well, it looks like a pristine implementation (time will tell). So, regarding yesterday's message, I will gladly eat my words in recognition of CC support staff having their fingers on the pulse, yet again! Nice one guys. Keep up the good work.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

I'm glad you got your problem sorted. BTW, the CC staff do have their fingers on the pulse, but they also take some time off at times like Christmas. I don't belong to the staff, I'm just a user, like yourself, although with over 13 years of experience with CC.

Regarding the installation path; since I'm not a CC staffer, I can't say for sure, but I think I've heard something like many of the programmes need to have write permission to their location, and that would not be possible in 'programme-files' in the newer Windows versions.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.