HTML templates - Post ID 289995

User 2808717 Photo

21 posts

Can I use any html template? I am using HTML Editor and really like it but like a jump-start so use templates. I've been told that not all templates out there on the web are compatible with CC Html Editor. Can someone who really knows about that please respond (yes, I hate short replies with no explanation: like "yes" and that's all they reply). Thanks!
User 2808717 Photo

21 posts

I'm also looking for code or tutorial on how to have part of my website for member's only....log in. Any help, suggestions or a template with this included?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Templates made by Coffeecup Software can be found in both the old and the new 'Theme Store'. See links in the footer of this page.

Among what you find in the OLD store, you can use all the templates which are made for the Html Editor. Preferrably, you should only pick the ones that has the word 'responsive' included in the name.

You will find some more advanced templates in the NEW store. They are all responsive, and most of them are free. Even though they are intended for another programme named Site Designer/Responsive Site Designer, they also come with a html version.
One thing to be aware of: Some of the templates in the new store are made with CSS Grid. It will depend on your CSS skills whether you will want to use them or not.

I don't know of any templates that include a log-in feature.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2808717 Photo

21 posts

Thanks, Inger, I found both the new and old stores. It would have been nice if they showed a preview of all the pages in the template. I'm fine with CSS Grid. Do you know if the free HTML templates that are found on the web are compatible with HTML Editor. I was told there was some proprietary stuff in Editor thus those templates won't work well with Editor...any input?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Any templates out there that consist of html, css, js or php files are editable in the HTML Editor. I don't think it can handle less or sass files though, they will have to be converted to css.
In the new theme shop, if you click on one of the templates, you have an option 'Live preview'. There you can see all the pages.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.