HTML Editor Run Time Error - Post ID...

User 68569 Photo

3 posts

I have used all versions of the html editor since the 2005 version without any problems. Since installing the 2008 version I am unable to open the editor once I have closed the program without restarting my computer.

When I start up my computer I can open the html editor and use it just fine. Once I close the program and try to start it again I get a windows message stating CoffeeCup HTML Editor has encountered a problem and needs to close. I also get an error message stating Runtime error 217 at 004107EA

I uninstalled the editor, downloaded cclean and ran it, reinstalled the editor and tried it again. The same thing is happening.

I use the editor many times a day for my website (Fell2Earth.com), now I have to leave the editor open minimized to use it more than once without restarting my machine.

Any suggestions?

Tom
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Are you on XP or Vista? Do you have any firewall or anti-virus applications running? Are you running as an administrator or restricted user? When you installed the 2008 version did you install over 2007 or uninstall the '07 first and then installed the '08 version?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 68569 Photo

3 posts

I am running XP with Norton 360 version 2 with a firewall. I installed version 2008 over version 2007.

Tom
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ok, that could be one of the problems. I would suggest you uninstall both versions, reboot and make sure there are no files left. Also check your control panel add/remove and make sure there are no duplicates. Then re-install.

Also, make sure norton 360 is not preventing the editor from accessing your system.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 442233 Photo

1 post

I'm having the same problem and have the same setup. Any luck yet?
User 142965 Photo

Ambassador
2,420 posts

Anytime you get a update software from CoffeeCup. You must un-install the old software first. Then install the new updated software. Have to try and remember that for the future.

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!
> CoffeeCup Ambassador
> 2002 Olympic Torchbearer
> Multiple Sclerosis Cyclist 1990 to 2015
> Eagle Scout 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
< < < http://www.bikemikeworld.com > > >
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Smile Always !!

http://www.bikemikeworld.com/small-ms170-meter.gif

Direct link to donate towards my ride in Multiple Sclerosis bike tour......
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/2015ms170

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.