HTML editor - can't upload to web...

User 442191 Photo

40 posts

While Direct FTP works fine, I can't quite get the HTML editor to send files to web site - I have tried both in Vista and in Winddows XP PRO w/sp2.

I set up the server info same as in Direct FTP, but in HTML, I click on File/Upload File to server/"server profile name" - and get a gray box to the right with nothing in it - clicking on it does nothing.

While I have found that some Coffee Cup software works better in XP than in Vista (with compatibility set and run as administrator), this behaves the same in both OS's.

I purchased the Webmaster Super Pack and have had some difficulties with the software - my background includes programming beginning in 1965 and have kept my hand in it throughout my career
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Lee,
I made this quicky thing here http://nic-nacs-plus.com/tutorials/ftphtmleditor.html for uploading in Html Editor but used Lunarpages as the server, whatever goes in the WWW slot (in VSD) or remote folder / should be basicall the same. I know nothing of NetSolutions to actually say but the gray box is blank because it needs to be filled in, see this tutorial and you'll get the idea of what mean so then where I place the Public_html you would put
/htdocs then

User 442191 Photo

40 posts

Network Solutions takes one to a folder that is "/"

It has a folder/htdocs under it, in which all my files go.

I filled in the folder as /htdocs and now get a proper box instead of the gray one, but I get the message "warning - Error 500 no data (winsock error #11004)
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Lee
when you fill in VSD and in the WWW folder place the /htdocs, do you still get the 500 error? have you tried / and then manually opening the htdocs folder and upload that way

User 442191 Photo

40 posts

Your video also had "vsd" entered - I had not used that - I only used \htdocs, since that is where the html files go.

In Direct FTP, the connection takes me to a directory which has three subfolders - I change to htdocs, and there are my files - I can work with them in the editor of Direct FTP, upload and download with no problems.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

well thats where I uploaded to, yours of course be /htdocs,it was just an example of how to fill it out, not your specific upload.add Lee I would also consider addng a secondary ftp like filezilla also as a back up

User 442191 Photo

40 posts

Behind the windows error box, the name of the file being uploaded is blank, but the file size is approximately 2,400 - Windows Explorer reports the size as 2 kb, so that is reasonable. Still get the Error 500 no date winsock error 11004.

Since Direct FTP works fine, I shouldn't need foxzilla or any other ftp program as a backup, but it would be more convenient to upload directly from HTML Editor.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

googe the error and see what comes up-- Error 500 no date winsock error 11004, The reason I mentioned Filezilla is that it is quicker to load swf's, sometimes Direct Ftp burps, and the images are not uploaded correctly even though it shows otherwise, (a Back Up)

User 442191 Photo

40 posts

After google of error message - it gave me two Coffee Cup Forum answers - the one about host name turned out to be the cause - I had cut and pasted the host name and didn't see that I had copied a leading space into the name field.

Works now - thanks,

Lee

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.