HTML Editor 2008 Reg - no more guide...

User 2051692 Photo

2 posts

Hello,

I finally downloaded and installed the 2008 editor. Where is the guide line in the editor window, please? In version 2007 there was a line I could drag into position to help me line up tags. Now I can't find where to turn it on.

thanks,
Kitty
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Kitty,

You may want to click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address. Spammers are always looking for valid email addresses.

I think you may be referring to the line many folks use as right margin indicator. If so, you can set that in the program to be visable3 and set the location.

For lining up your tags, you may want to use tabs. You can set the number of spaces for the tab key, and you can set tab locations.

To set your preferences, open the HTML Editor 2008. Click on Tools then click on Preferences.

At this point you may want to explore the various settings. This is where you can set initial document type, and how you want the program to open. You can set the browser you want used when testing your pages, what applications you want to be able to open from within the program, default directories, tool bar settings, and now the area we want to use.

Click on the Highlighting tab (don't ask, because I don't know why this is a highlighting setting). Now click on the Modify button. Click on the Options tab of the Editor Options window that just opened. Here you can activate the Visible right margin and set the location (default is 80). Notice the "Tab Columns" box and the Tab stop box under that. I have not used the tabs, so I don't know how they work, but they may do what you want.
User 2051692 Photo

2 posts

That's where it is!... thanks. I can drag that line around to help me line stuff up and keep track of tag opens and closes.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Glad to be of assistance. I just discovered that myself, and remembered your message.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.