HTML Editor 2008 pre-release - Post...

User 103554 Photo

25 posts

Stuart Martin wrote:
Melissa@Forethought.net wrote:
I meant that I was trying to fix the code problems in that editor by opening the file with Komposer and trying to clean up the code that way, but I found out it uses different character encoding.

How can you determine what 2008's default character encoding is?

I guess I should clarify that. I mean that even when a new HTML page in 2007 or 2008 is <charset="UTF-8"> Unicode characters still don't display properly in the Code Editor window and if I paste Unicode characters in, all I get is "????"
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,072 posts
Online Now

Stuart Martin wrote:
I guess I should clarify that. I mean that even when a new HTML page in 2007 or 2008 is <charset="UTF-8"> Unicode characters still don't display properly in the Code Editor window and if I paste Unicode characters in, all I get is "????"

Yes, it's odd that utf-8 is the default for the charset meta tag as the software still doesn't save or load it correctly.

I ended up creating four empty template pages with validating html and xhtml, transitional and strict code. They each use iso-8859-1.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.