HTML Editor 2008 - how can I keep it...

User 465126 Photo

40 posts

Melissa@Forethought.net wrote:
billr wrote:
Melissa,

I just tested it again, and it still works for me. Here is a link so you can see how I did it. I even copied the code Melanie posted and put it on the page.

http://www.coffeecuphelp.com/broberson/trademark.html

What CC Editor is doing is; if I just save the file it's ok. But if I save it before validating it with the W3C button, then it changes it from numeric code to the symbol and screws it up.

It's that darned Microsoft module they're using in there, the same thing that changes valign="middle" to valign="center" on me.

dont use those codes then. Try using some CSS for your positioning instead of the valign
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Melissa@Forethought.net wrote:
What CC Editor is doing is; if I just save the file it's ok. But if I save it before validating it with the W3C button, then it changes it from numeric code to the symbol and screws it up.

It's that darned Microsoft module they're using in there, the same thing that changes valign="middle" to valign="center" on me.

I just tested one of my pages, and clicked on Documents then validate, and my code was unchanged, but I did not try using valign. I think I have always used the CSS vertical-align.

Please post a copy of the code you are using, and the steps you take and let me try that way to see what is happening.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.