How can I left & right justify text?...

User 470307 Photo

8 posts

I really hate the right hand ragged edge of all my text but under Object Inspector I only have Left/Centre/Right justification options.

Is there some way to have both sides justified as say offered in most word processor applications?
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

<p style="text-align:justify">Bunch of text....</p>

or in the style sheet

p {text-align:justify;}
User 470307 Photo

8 posts

Thanks cary, just to demonstrate the total lack of knowledge of have as a Newbie at Coffee Cup, ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, what do I do with this HTML clip?

For example I have a page filled completely with text and that is what I want to correct in the right/left justification area.

I have trying using the HTML tool and pasting in the clip you advised but am really not sure what I am doing and that doesn't work anyway.

Should I block the text and try that?

Again sorry for being a dummy..... cheers

Ian F
Oz
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

Are you using VSD? If so, I don't know how you can do this. Full justification requires lines of text long enough to wrap around to the next line. From what I understand, VSD places a break (<br> tag) at the end of each line in a paragraph, so the lines aren't really wrapping.
User 470307 Photo

8 posts

Yeh Cary, think you are right.

Just surprised me that such a great application as CoffeeCup doesn't have the icon for the right/left justification procedure.

Might drop the Techies a note and see what they come up with.

Thanks muchly

ian F
User 342307 Photo

10 posts

Ya, I've been trying to figure out a work around to have justification, and it's not been fun. I'm imitating a Newspaper look and I can't do it if it's not justified across. I saw this request from 2007. It's not that hard to put it I wouldn't think. I was hoping the new version would've covered that. Oh, well.

The only way I have been able to do the justification is open an HTML editor (I use Frontpage still...sorry Coffeecup, I do not like having to SAVE everytime I see it in design mode) and open the index.html page or whatever page needs to be edited, then I remove all the <br> and apply justification. When I save it and open it back up in Coffee Cup Designer, it's left justified again, even if I publish it to the site. I have to manually FTP the index.html page and finally it shows justified like a newspaper.

Piece of cake...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.