Getting the file tab width to stick -...

User 505150 Photo

4 posts

I can't seem to find a way to make the width I set the Files tab on the left stick after I close down CoffeeCup and re-open it.

I'd also like it to stay in List view, but it always goes back to Details few for the files when I re-open CoffeeCup.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tim
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Tim,

Are you referring to the HTML Editor 2008? If so, are you working with the visual editor or the code editor?

What are you doing when you want to be in List View?
User 505150 Photo

4 posts

Sorry - yes HTML Editor 2008.

The left side Files tab - I'm just navigating through my folders to find the html file I want to edit. I make the area wider but it doesn't remain that width when I close and re-open the progam.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Tim,

Try this:

Set the resource window to the width you want it to be.

Click on Tools then click on Preferences.

Make sure you have the General tab selected, and look at the top right corner for the section labeled "Resources Panel" and notice the item labeled "Remember the last state" and click the radio button for that entry. That should do what you want.

While you have the preferences open, look around and see what all you can customize to suit your preferences. Click on Highlighting and don't worry about what shows in the window, just click on the Modify button and see the Editor Options window open with the Highlighting tab selected. Now select the Options tab and find lots of things you can set to your preference for the Editor.

Hope this helps.
User 505150 Photo

4 posts

Thanks Bill - I appreciate the help!

That radio button is indeed already selected and it still doesn't stick so perhaps it's a Vista issue or my particular install is just plain wacky.

It's not enough of a nuisance to worry about further.

Thanks again for the tips. After many years using HomeSite (an old MacroMedia, now Adobe product) I'm really liking the CoffeeCup features.

Best,

Tim
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Tim,

I just checked, and the remember last state is designed to have the open/closed status remembered.

Sorry, but it appears it is WAD (working as designed).

You may want to go to the suggestions area and leave a suggestion for a future enhancement.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.