Error with a newly loaded page - Post...

User 159454 Photo

28 posts

Hello,

I have just updated our local groups Quilts of Valor page and also tried to add a blank page to use for an upcoming quilt contest . I had my "favorites" page open in the editor (version 12.9) and did a "save as" then I changed the title to Quilt Contest. Uploaded the new page by FTP vers ion 6.9 to the server on DreamHost.

Not many pages on this site, but all the pages (just updated) are displaying but the newly created page "contest" is showing this error:
The requested URL /contest was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

the site address is www.asecondtour.com. If someone will tell me how to attach the html, I will be happy to do so. Just not sure how, as I could not attach the actual page file.

I hope to get this contest underway soon to help us catch-up on the backlog of quilt request we have!! I am not a web designer, but try to do this for the group as no one else can, so I try!!

Thanks for any and all help!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Looks like you forgot to add the .html extension to the link in your menu?
User 159454 Photo

28 posts

Hi Jo and thank so much for your help. I've added that extension to the menu's. But the page still does not show.

I appreciate your help! Any other suggestions what it might could be. I have sent an email to see if anything went wrong on the hosting end of it...

Have not heard back yet.
User 159454 Photo

28 posts

Jo, That was it! I did not get it changed everywhere, but after 2nd check caught the mistakes and now it is working!!! Thank you so much!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You're quite welcome, glad it was such an easy little fix. Good luck with the site :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.