CSS not functioning in HTML Editor -...

User 243515 Photo

508 posts

Cary wrote:
The preview should work fine as it's just IE (unless active content is being blocked, in which case you should look into adding "mark of the web" code to your page), but the visual editor can't be used for this sort of thing.

On the one hand, it doesn't support all the css you might like to use. On the other, things are where you place them with a WYSIWYG. This isn't the case with hover/popup/dropdown menus, which change position/appear/hide depending on whether they are being hovered or not.

Hi Cary;

I don't use Visual Editor, I had too many problems trying to edit the pages I created with it and finally "convinced" myself to use the text editor only.

I'll look into "mark of the web", thanks.

Greg
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Greg,

I may have missed it, but I did not see a style that defined the items below march. All your other items that I saw in that area are styled with

#menu a, #menu h2 {
font: bold 0.7em/1.4em arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
}

This code only styles your <a> and your <h2> tagged text. I did not find any style for the untagged/unstyled content.
User 243515 Photo

508 posts

billr wrote:
Greg,

I may have missed it, but I did not see a style that defined the items below march. All your other items that I saw in that area are styled with

#menu a, #menu h2 {
font: bold 0.7em/1.4em arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
}

This code only styles your <a> and your <h2> tagged text. I did not find any style for the untagged/unstyled content.

Hmmm, well, at least that puts me a little closer to solving this. Thanks Bill, I'll concentrate on that area and hopefully get to a solution. Guess all I needed was a nudge in the right direction.

Greg

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.