Coffee Cup HTML Editor 2008 - Replace...

User 55770 Photo

2 posts

i. I note that when replacing large quantities of superfluous formatting - from say a former Word table saved as HTML - e.g.

<TD VALIGN="TOP">
<P ALIGN="RIGHT">

<TD ALIGN="RIGHT">

that by the time the programme arrives at about line 2,000 it is starting to slow down, and soon ticks through like a metronome. If text in one line it is quicker to use something like Textpad, but when it covers 2 or more lines I'm wondering if I'm missing a trick and there's a way to speed things up ?

2. Whilst I find the replacement tool invaluable I note that it has what appears to be one of those unintended little enhancements which can be a little disturbing if one is unprepared e.g.

If I start off with :

<TD VALIGN="TOP">
<P ALIGN="RIGHT">14 May 1848</TD>

and want to arrive at the following result :

<TD ALIGN="RIGHT">14 May 1848</TD>

I have to go through first and put a space after :

<P ALIGN="RIGHT">

otherwise I end up with a missing digit from the data.

<TD ALIGN="RIGHT">4 May 1848</TD>

Regards

Paul
User 104751 Photo

1 post

I concur with Paul's description.
I use this function a lot and find the replace function invaluable as long as you don't have much to replace.
It seems that if the find function would continue from it's present (last found item) to the next occurance, the time would be reduced to a tolerable level. I often have 10,000 lines to modify and if I plan it right and start before I go to lunch, it may be done if I have a long lunch.
It would be great to see the "STOP" and "CANCEL" functions work since about the only way to stop the process now is to resent the computer. Arnie
User 36848 Photo

77 posts

This seems to be a bug in the Find function. It increases the length of the selected string by the number of line breaks that the search string has. I posted a more detailed explanation

Rafael

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.