code cleaner - doesn't seem to work -...

User 41993 Photo

10 posts

I am using the HTML editor 2008 and want to run the code cleaner.
I am using HTML editor 2008 on my W98 machine
The help files on the CC website seem to be incorrect (They show that to access code cleaner, select "tools/applications/code cleaner", whereas the editor has "tools/code cleaner")
When I DO access the code cleaner options, there is no "COOL" option button - it says "OK".
When I click OK , nothing happens - no reports are generated and the file is not altered.
Also, when I try to tun CC again, the options have all reverted back to their defaults.
Am I doing something horrendously incorrect or am I missing something?
Apart from this irritating anomaly, I like the new editor - another great piece of software from CoffeeCup!
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

I just tested , and the code cleaner worked for me.

The HTML Editor 2008 is being freshly done, and the cool button has been replaced with the ok button. Guess they need to do some more work on the documentation.

I suggest you create a new file, and write a little code, with short lines of code, and each line space over 5 spaces, so that you have a large greater than space look something like this:

<p>first line </p>
<p>second line </p>
<p>third line </p>
<p>fourth line</p>
<p>fifth line</p>

You can do more if you want, but running the code cleaner on that line should make all the lines flush on the left side.

Let us know what happens.
User 41993 Photo

10 posts

BillR

Absolutely nothing works - still get no 'clean up' of the code;
something is trying to be done for, as you run the cleaner, you can see the window of the HTML editor 'refresh' momentarily but the output is still exactly the same - i.e. unadapted.

I tried various CC options: upper case tags; spacing; wrapping etc. No luck I'm afraid

ADB
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

You might want to uninstall HTML Editor 2008, reboot, then download again to get a better file, and install from the new file. Then check to see if the code cleaner works.

Let me know if that fixes your problem.
User 41993 Photo

10 posts

BillR

No - doesn't work.

I'm not TOO bothered about this - was a 'nice to have' but doesn't stop the functionality of the program.

The only thing that I could think of was that the resources on my machine are low - I am running Windows 98 and all sorts of bits and pieces are taking up memory, so that MAY be a reason why the Code Cleaner doesn't work. I should really upgrade to Vista or XP

Thanks for the help
ADB

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.