Cannot upload with HTML Editor Build...

User 2034657 Photo

64 posts

Hi all,

Although I am able to successfully upload a page with Filezilla, I have not been able to upload with the Editor. When I try to upload with the Editor, the Editor freezes, and I am required to manually stop the software. It would be nice to be able to use the Editor to upload to the server.

This is my first attempt: The server is a new account. I have tried to upload only one page (index.html) as a test. I'm sure there is something obvious that I am overlooking; however, I have exhausted all my brain resources.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.
John H.

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You are about 60 builds behind in the latest version of the HTML Editor John. I would suggest upgrading to the latest version first.

As a registered user, did you not get our email last week for the release of 2010SE?

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/coffeec … n-is-here/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2034657 Photo

64 posts

Thanks, Scott. I will purchase the new version, and hope that will solve the problem.

Best regards,
John H.

5,410 posts

Free updates for life. Just download the newest version. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2034657 Photo

64 posts

Hi all,

I have just downloaded and installed the 2010 version of the Editor; however, my issue still exists. There was no mention about uninstalling the previous version of the Editor, but when I clicked on Help|About the screen displayed the 2010 version, so I think I'm OK with the installation.

It may appear that my problem is independent of the Editor, but I don't know where to begin. Perhaps I'll just use Filezilla to perform my uploads.

Thanks,
John H.

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Have you tried checking or un-checking Passive Mode option under the FTP settings to see if that helps any?

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/server-config2.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2034657 Photo

64 posts

Hi Scott,

Your suggestion regarding checking "Passive Mode" solved the issue. I'm embarassed to say I don't know what "Passive Mode" means, but it is apparently something I should learn. I will research the topic.

Thanks so much,

PS: Tom says free upgrades for life! Is that MY life or the software's life? :lol: If it's my life, I'm getting on in years so I'd better take advantage of this great deal while I can! :P
John H.

272 posts

I don't know what passive mode means either, but I have learned that this is the first thing I should go to when I have uploding problems.
User 43448 Photo

43 posts

I have the latest version of the HTML Editor, yet I have the same problem.
All my settings are correct, and when I test my settings, I get the message that I successfully connected in about half a second.

Switching Passive mode off is no option, as I cannot connect to the server at all then.

However, when trying to upload, it works on the (very) odd occasion, but most of the time, it takes ages trying to upload, after which the upload screen just closes having done nothing, or I have to click "Cancel" and upload with Fileilla.

This problem is very frustrating.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.