Application crashing - Post ID 274119

User 2874250 Photo

2 posts

Hi,
I am a new user and am using the paid version. I just installed Coffeecup a couple of days ago because my old editor is going the way of the dinosaur. I've had a number of problems with the application crashing when I minimize it and go off and do something else (like Photoshop). When I return, it doesn't reopen. It's almost like it goes to sleep and doesn't wake up again. I have to manually force a shutdown. When I restart, it's fine. Has anyone else had this problem and if yes, do you know the solution (other than repeatedly shutting it down)?
Thanks,
Jeri
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Well that is no good! :)

Please give this a try:

1. Right-click the application shortcut icon, and click Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Here, put a check mark by Run This Program as an Administrator.
4. Next, put a check mark next to Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For: and ensure Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 is selected.
5. Click OK.

In the end your settings should match this:
https://www.coffeecup.com/files/predefined/run-as-admin.png

Now give things a whirl. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2874250 Photo

2 posts

Thanks for your quick reply Scott. I'll give that a try and see how that goes over the next couple of days.
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

I have mentioned this before a long time ago, sometime during the Version 12 history
something changed, as my HTML Editor always freezes solid in the background and
has done ever since, I have no option than to force a closure using Task Manager.

My operating system is 64 bit...

Regards
Peter
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Peter G wrote:
I have mentioned this before a long time ago, sometime during the Version 12 history
something changed, as my HTML Editor always freezes solid in the background and
has done ever since, I have no option than to force a closure using Task Manager.

My operating system is 64 bit...

Regards
Peter

Did you try the steps below to see if that helps?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

Hi

Yes I have tried everything, the locking solid of the HTML Editor issue has followed
on over multiple new pc's ever since it started happening. I mentioned it at the time but I just live with it
now and ensure I have no other software running at the same time.

I have 8Gb of ram and a 64bit operating system now, so more than enough ram is available I would have thought,
I have absolutely nothing else running when I use the Editor.

Regards
Peter
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Give these steps a try.

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … n-cleanup/
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

Thankyou

I shall give it a go, however as I mentioned, I have installed the Editor on several pc's since it all first started,
version 12.7 I think, not sure though and I have had at least three brand new Editor installs on brand new pc's
with absolutely no history of the Editor anywhere in sight, but the issue still happens.

It's not a problem, just annoying that's all.

Many Thanks
Peter

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.