Love the update but I miss seeing...

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Then, how will you know?
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 531474 Photo

150 posts

If you believe the application is "finished" then you wont care about or need any "new" features, so why bother with the download?

User 194176 Photo

1 post

I'm going to add my voice to those disappointed with this update. Its no longer with the $ in my opinion. I really wish I had been advised of what the change was before updating. Like most unsuspecting and disappointed users we probably thought the change was adding to the product and not taking away from it. I'm not sure I can wait a month for the next change as I need to have a product that has full and user friendly functionality now.

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Add, subtract, discontinue, it's all a part of the life cycle that is free updates for life.

You can always uninstall the current version and install a previous version. Customer support should be able to assist you if you need a copy.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Tinsky wrote:
I'm going to add my voice to those disappointed with this update. Its no longer with the $ in my opinion. I really wish I had been advised of what the change was before updating. Like most unsuspecting and disappointed users we probably thought the change was adding to the product and not taking away from it. I'm not sure I can wait a month for the next change as I need to have a product that has full and user friendly functionality now.

And that is EXACTLY why we post all of the changes for each update! ;)

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/news-an … post159340
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 531474 Photo

150 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

And that is EXACTLY why we post all of the changes for each update! ;)

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/news-an … post159340

You want us to read something before we install new software? Now you're just being silly Scott!!!!!:lol:
(by the way, have a great Holiday!)

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I know, totally unacceptable right? ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 383674 Photo

5 posts

I know, totally unacceptable right?

Yes, it is. Even arrogant Microsoft tells you that updates are available and what they are addressing, prior to being installed (assuming you elect you to be notified).

Most people, upon starting the application and being told there's a new version to download, might reasonably expect there's some improvement, not a massive downgrade in functionality. Who would even think you'd remove the transfer activity off the main window of a file transfer application - now that's totally unacceptable.

I don't how you test usability, but here's an idea: try uploading a full installation of Wordpress (around 800 files) and see how you go (imagine you want to see every single file being successfully transferred). See what happens when a single transfer fails that's 6 directory levels deep and try to work out exactly what file and its full path so you can come back to it. A separate window showing errors - files and paths - would be handy, but that's never occurred to anyone.

You could also see how when a single transfer fails, the application reverts back to single-thread transfers permanently, regardless of connection settings. The application has to be closed and restarted to get it to use multiple threads again. That situation has remained for all the years I've used DirectFTP. I download every update in the hope that that's been fixed, not that a key feature has been effectively wiped.

Michael
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Michael Little wrote:
....That situation has remained for all the years I've used DirectFTP...

Michael,
I have not used Direct FTP myself, but I'm considering it.
So, since you have been using it for several years in what appears to have involved quite demanding applications, I wonder if you could say something about what you find good about the program. What made you stay with Direct FTP for all these years?
The way I read this thread is that (1) Some people were unhappy about a change in a recent update and (2) Based on the feedback, CC quite quickly reinstated functionality that had been removed/modified. That alone must count as something 'good', - right?
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Per wrote:
[quote=Michael Little]The way I read this thread is that (1) Some people were unhappy about a change in a recent update and (2) Based on the feedback, CC quite quickly reinstated functionality that had been removed/modified. That alone must count as something 'good', - right?

+1 here... Let's see "arrogant Microsoft" even attempt to do the same ;)
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.