Direct FTP 6.5.5 Crashing

User 148784 Photo

6 posts

I am running XP Home Edition w/ SP 2. When I start direct ftp, it crashes soon after I connect to any of my servers and get a "not responding" message in the window title area. I uninstalled the program, restarted the machine, reinstalled direct ftp and the the same problem occurs.

Anybody running into the same problem?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

I don't know of any others with the same issue. I assume that you have checked that the settings for each server are correct? Can you try unchecking 'passive mode'? Or, if that doesn't help, uninstall, reboot and download the programme again before installing.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 148784 Photo

6 posts

Thank you Inger.

I checked off passive and the problem continues. The settings are correct. ccdftp 6.2 is working fine.

I have also noticed that 6.5 is significantly slower than 6.2 but that might be due to the stability issue.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

I'll see if I can get some help for you, hang on...

BTW, have you allowed the DFTP to go through your firewall?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Can you contact support at www.coffeecup.com/contact We will get someone to help you walk through this.

Typically this issue is caused by a corrupt anti-virus installation.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 148784 Photo

6 posts

DFTP is allowed to go through the firewall. I submitted the case to CC support.

Thanks all.
User 394789 Photo

6 posts

i see this behavior frequently when dialog boxes (like the file already exists, overwrite/cancel box) come up but are hidden behind the main window... once that happens, you're hosed. only way out is to force direct ftp closed and reopen it.

coffeecup development, make sure dialog boxes are always on top and i think some of this (crashing) may go away.
User 444190 Photo

1 post

Im having the same problem using DFTP also. I get "Error Code 56" and I need to know how to connect through my firewall. I am not sure that my settings are correct either. If I can get some help on this, I would surely appreciate it. Thanks for any help offered here. :)
Jeff
User 438593 Photo

1 post

I'm having similar problems. Used the older version daily, no issues. Anyone know how to get the older version? I just can't get work done with 6.5
User 42580 Photo

Ambassador
2 posts

I am having similar problems. I have to go back to using the older version to get any work done. I find it is very slow to upload and download files too. Someone mentioned stability issues. Is this still in BETA? Also when I close the program, it closes normally but it appears that another program is running beneath it. It looks like the FTP program but a bit smaller and it only appears briefly and then closes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.