Web host does not allow CC vnu? -...

User 584683 Photo

1 post

I have used CC well with other web host but I have recently moved to Crazy Domains and apparently they don't work well with CC and I can't upload anything in vnu or vsd format - it needs to be in HTML. My question is how do I do that - I'm not a tech head that's why I bought CC Visual Site Designer. Any suggestions apart from the obvious one of moving from Crazy Domains - I have already paid them te 2 years fees before they advised me that they don't let CC VSD on their site.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

You don't need to upload the .vnu file. That is strictly used by VSD on your computer. It's uploaded to the server only as a backup. Instead of publishing your VSD site, simply save it to your computer then use Coffeecup's DirectFTP or FreeFTP to upload the sites files. Bit of a hassle but you won't have to change hosts.

That said, I've never seen a host that objected to ANY file type like that. Strange. Have you contacted the host to see if they could put the .vnu on the allowed list?
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Personally I'd tell them to refund my money and I'd find another host. That's a little too restricting for a lot of reasons and they shouldn't be restricting file types from being uploaded if they know they are not a dangerous thing.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.